Monday 10 August 2015

On my way to Uganda!

That is a little odd... Let me explain: this heading is the title of my other (Dutch) blog, on my way to Uganda. In February 2016 I am off to Uganda to work as a volunteer for development project in the pearl of Africa. This expedition is instead of my internship to an English speaking country. I chose to join this expedition because of two reasons. First of all, I am eager to give my share in the development and building of the country of Uganda, including learning about the culture, the people and the traditions. Second, I believe this expedition could really help my own development flourish. I would love to broaden my view on the world and learn about other societies and lives.

As said before, in the two weeks I will spend there I will be doing voluntery work. Think about building a stove out of clay, teaching English at a school, working on the land and playing football with the local children. For these local projects, I was asked to raise money. I have found a, in my opinion, fun way for doing so. Every so often I invite two couples (whom each bring another couple) for a fancy dinner at my house. My mom and I will make a 3 course dinner based on the season. My guest will pay for a lovely night out and good company. All the profit of such a dinner will be for the local projects in Uganda. The previous two dinners were a great success and I am looking forward to more good experiences. 

If you would like to know more about my expedition or the raising of money, do not hesitate to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you guys.

Have a lovely day! x.

No comments:

Post a Comment